President, Almaty Management University, Kazakhstan
• Kirov Kazakh State University, Faculty of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, graduated with honors in 1980.
• Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, majoring in law, graduated with honors.
• NRU HSE Graduate School of Management, Moscow, Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree.
• Pedagogical Diagnostics, Assessment and Education Quality Management – academic and teaching internship under the Bolashak Presidential Scholarship Program at the Haas School of Business at the Berkeley University, San Francisco, USA.
1989–1996: founder and CEO at the Almaty School of Management.
1996–2002, 2009–2014: founder and president at the International Business Academy.
1994–2003: president at the Central Asian Foundation For Management Development (CAMAN).
1996–2002: member of the Kazakhstan Union of Industrialists Council, member of the Kazakhstan Forum of Entrepreneurs Council.
1998–2002: member of the Soros Foundation Kazakhstan Board.
1998–2003: member of the INTERMAN Council.
2000–2003: member of the European Organization for the Quality of Management Education Council (EQUAL).
2002–2004: Deputy Chairman of the Public Council for the Republic of Kazakhstan Education System Development.
2011–2012: member of the Republic of Kazakhstan Civil Service Affairs Agency Expert Council.
From 2014 until now: founder and president at the Almaty Management University (AlmaU).
2015: member of the Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN) Council.
From 2015 until now: member of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI).
From 2016 until now: CEEMAN Vice President for Central Asia.
2020: research advisor for the University Management – 2020 project initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
From 2020 until now: member of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education Global Council.
Author of more than 70 articles on management development in Kazakh and foreign journals.
He is fluent in Kazakh, Russian and English.
Awards and titles:
• Torch of Birmingham award by the international organization People to People International (1997).
• Excellence in Education award by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1998).
• Independence of Kazakhstan 20th Anniversary medal by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2011).
• Order of Kurmet (2013).
• For Commitment orders of degrees I and II by the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan Atameken (2013, 2014).
• CEEMAN Champions Award in Institutional Management (2014).
• Honorary Professor of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic (2017).
• Y. Altynsarin medal by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2018).
• Altyn Zhurek national public award for support of education (2018).
• Zhomart Zhurek award by the Ministry of Information and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2019).
- Higher education
To keep up with the global transformations, university education is forced to constantly change and look for new approaches not only to internal...
The ticket has been added to the cart.Go to shopping cart